The Wounded Healer



When I stand before thee at the day’s end, thou shalt see my scars and know that I had my wounds and also my healing.
Rabindranath Tagore






Painting by Mary Pace-Wynters




Cry not now for the deep wounds
burning the back of your mind
for the blood of Hydra running in
your tortured veins shall heal you
and me when time comes.



Touch me with your compassion
and teach me: I feel you subconsciously.
We both know the burden and the rites
of passage. Love is still the word that
saves. Let me save you and save me from
myself.
The window is still open and the fall
hurts less than the pain.
( I remember the blood in my white blouse…)



Some can’t transcend, some get lost
in a maze of flowers.
The labyrinth connects you and me.
We can find the answer even if
our doubts and scars were the only ones
that can and could hear us.
The petals of our hearts have left their scent
in our lives. You and I know the purity
of despair and here lies strength.



Cry not for the buried bloody chains.
Our shadows are our masters.
We learnt how to grow with them though.
Hold my hand and let’s share what still
makes our souls bend.
In the end Chiron shall reconcile us
with the same arrow that poisoned
our childhood.



Karla Bardanza



Chiron was the wisest of the centaurs and the archetype of a Wounded Healer. He was accidentally wounded by an arrow that had been dipped in the blood of Hydra. Because he was immortal the venom caused him eternal torment. In his search for his own cure, he discovered how to heal others. Teaching others the healing arts, he found a measure of solace of his own pain




Photobucket
Copyright©Karla Bardanza 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment