UNDER THE LASHES OF MY EYES



Another day gone,

my eyes are alone

as the ocean engulfs me,

carrying my hope away

to unknown depths of solitude.



I try to see what is not there.

I try to remember if the sea has

always had this indecisive color.

Little has changed: the almond trees

are still sharing their shy shadows.

It is winter and the flamboyant is naked.

The flowers sleep gently:

a thousand seeds are waiting silently.



The islands seem so distant

under the lashes of my eyes.

Gulls soar, boats celebrate life,

fishermen nourish the mystery

of the sea.



I can feel it breathing in me

while my heart devours the fragile

secrets of this landscape, drawing

the endless beauty of this place

deep within the corners of

my mind.



Karla Bardanza



No comments:

Post a Comment