Trying to walk in beauty

Mia Bergeron



The sky falls
and I am trying to walk in beauty
from Monday to Sunday
just to please Lord Byron.
Destination?
I still don't know but 
the extravagance of my thoughts
might lead me somewhere
between my locked memories
and personal fairy tale.

I know I still have to face
some embarassaments ahead
and the insanity of the government
that insists on freezing my pay.
What am I going to do in-between days?
I shall toast my wrinkles and maturity:
they deserve much more than I can give or bear.

Meanwhile
I will be busy leaving and living.
The end is my beginning.
(T.S Eliot taught me that a long time ago)


Karla Bardanza


For Theme Thursday: Destination.




Copyright©Karla Bardanza 2013 Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. "I shall toast my wrinkles and maturity." That is one great line. One of those that you once in awhile see and wish you had come up with it. But you walk in beauty like the night.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I love this poem, the end of the day is full of self-acceptance and optimism!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very uplifting poem. To accept our "wrinkles and maturity" and I agree they deserve a toast. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trying to walk in beauty is a very special thing to do. I really like that line and understand how hard it can be to do that sometimes. It is such a hard thing to deal with when one's pay is frozen but everything keeps increasing in price. I really understand your pain and wanting to walk the high road. And living is very important too.

    Happy Theme Thursday and thanks for playing. Hope this week is full of happy things.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete