IT WAS NOT YOU I KISSED

 

That rose was perfect.
It should be immortalized
or maybe the petals should
be scattered behind my heart.

Yes, I am grateful to you:
Your chivalry is outstanding.
(much enjoyed indeed)
The night was almost perfect
and I could see yearning in
your eyes, I could see your
rhythmic heart beating fast.
Faster than mine.
(It was not you I kissed)

I am not sorry for my soul.
The desolation of that extinguished
moment is carved on the moon and
shall be crystallized in my thoughts.
Some mistakes are to be forgotten
and buried where long shadows cry
and creep.
(it was not you I kissed)

Let that rose be dissolved.
Petals lost yesterday and tomorrow.
You can’t plunge me deep in love.
You can’t make me wear life.
I need more than a rose or
meaningless delicate attitudes:
they only open doors and nothing else.
I long to be the soundless sea,
the amber between somebody’s poetic
hands, the sound sewing bodies in
sublime motion.
( it was not you I kissed)

I was half afraid.
The love I want is so rare,
so distant. Can’t be wreathed
in a simple rose.
The love I want swims in my
sweet depths of anguish.
It is rooted in my hours of
chalk and coffee.
(it was not you I kissed)

The salty sweetness I find
in his words and presence
perfumes my soul, makes me
fall from my languageless clouds.
He is the light pulsating beneath
my skin.
(Yesterday I didn’t kiss you, I only kissed him)




Karla Bardanza



You will find as you look back upon your life that the moments when you have truly lived are the moments when you have done things in the spirit of love.
Henry Drummond







1 comment:

  1. "The love I want swims in my
    sweet depths of anguish.
    It is rooted in my hours of
    chalk and coffee."

    The love of a teachers heart, yet the love untamed in the midst of another. Brilliant! You show two sides of the self, divided even with someone, that unsurrendered part of us that does not give in.

    ReplyDelete