THE PETALS OF OUR HEARTS


                                              I fish the moon in your eyes,                                                
                                                                                     
profound green lake hiding my soul.

I spread my hair on the water

to catch you with the silk threads

of passion as I dive in your velvet

arms and flow in your satin stream.



We dream.



Silence enveloping the universe,

you healing my wounds and bruises,

you awakening the light in my throat

as I embrace your words of love

and fly.



We sigh.



The blue of the sky falls over us

as time stops between reality

and make-believe.

Your stream takes us away

beyond the words we say

and all the world silences

to hear our delicate petals

open to the stars.



Karla Bardanza

No comments:

Post a Comment