Self-taught

Painting by Dan Schultz


I have been searching for myself
in manufactured happiness, in words
written with my flesh, in the sterility
of my reason as I succumbed to my own ferocity
and erased the layers of my pseudo sanity.

I have been looking for answers in gloomy
clouds, in skies tainted with despair,
in inexplicable skins, resisting the irrevocable,
so afraid of my own body:
this mystery encapsulated by the universe.

I used to think of myself as an indefinable being
woven out of an untold story. Only recently
I had begun to understand that what I have
always wanted can't be found.

It was with some difficulty that
I found my way inside, learning silently
I don't need anything but The Secret One
who has always been hidden in me .


Karla Bardanza






Photobucket
Copyright©Karla Bardanza 2012

1 comment:

  1. The Spirit Woos us to himself...
    a beautiful poem my friend! Lovely ~ tc

    ReplyDelete