A REMARKABLE POEM

If you judge people you have no time to love them. ~Mother Teresa



Painting by Duy Huynh







Come here
and let's feed the sparrows:
they do not sow and neither they reap.
They just live.
What if you extend your generosity
to everyone who is different from you
 and drop your guard for a change?
We are all human beings.

I move effortlessly through the days:
my wings are not heavy to carry.
This unbearable lightness is my mystery and pleasure
but you can read between my lines.
I have written a user's manual
in a language you can understand.

The earth doesn't ask for your permission
to keep turning and neither do I.
If you look closer,
you will see your God in me:
let Him forgive you for your limited sight.
The flowers are still waiting for your contemplation though.

One thought has just occurred to me
in the middle of this remarkable poem,
that I have a heart and I love people indistinctly:
maybe here lies our biggest difference.
Maybe.




Karla Bardanza










Photobucket   
Copyright©Karla Bardanza 2011

1 comment:

  1. When reading this I see a comparison of one's religion blinding the value of others, to yours of total acceptance regardless. Brilliantly done yet again! tc

    ReplyDelete