O BLESSED SAMHAIN!

Drawing down a Samhain full moon. Digital art © Hedgerow Art. 2010




O Blessed Samhain!
A new beginning stirs
the seed below the ground,
whispering me words of love
in this dark silence.

Bonfires light up the skies,
heliotrope and mint invade the air,
magic and chaos are here.
I hold my obsidian in my sad hands,
asking for guidance and strength
as I honor the Dark Mother and the Dark Father.
The laws of time and space are suspended:
the veil is lifted.
I see my ancestors, my past.
Death and Rebirth.
Mistakes are behind
and in peace I am.

Skyclad,
I connect with all that is glorious,
repeating the words I carry in my heart
for I live in perfect love and perfect trust.
This is my beauty.

O Blessed Samhain!
The Sun will be born of the Moon:
I will be here waiting;
everything shall pass.
I know.
I know.

O Blessed Samhain!
My soul is warm.
Let me dance
for here is my life.



Karla Bardanza


Photobucket
Copyright©Karla Bardanza 2011

1 comment:

  1. This is glorious and beautiful! I could feel your heart beat in this poem. Truly you have outdone yourself! Blessings! ~ Flower

    ReplyDelete