O SWEET, SWEET, SWEET



I enshrined you in my blindness



-Words are wild wings-



feathers falling from heavens,

the unbearable lightness of my being.

I lingered in silence, tarnishing the moon

with my heart, with my petty art.



-Words are a seagull's naive charm-



I believed I could sail through windy skies,

butterflies under my skin, a dove sinking

in sin. I was I, I have always been I.



-Words make nest-



You came laughing and unlocked the door.

A lonely storm in oblivion, my perfect

redemption and vision, I kneeled down.

The sun sprayed petals in my hands,

My anklets smiled, you could hear me

dancing around you, just for you.

I married God again.

Smothering dark dissolving in incense

of flowers and light, steps toward incantation

and delight.



-Words circled me slowly-



I wore the sky.

But what I have is here and gone:

O sweet, sweet, sweet



-Words left me alone-



O sweet, sweet, sweet,

What is this feeling so deep?

O sweet, sweet, sweet

Let me dream divinity in you again

and just sleep...and just sleep.

 
 
Karla Bardanza

No comments:

Post a Comment