Of yesterday and tomorrow

Made of wounds we are
and nobody ever tried to save

us even when we prayed
and hoped for what we didn't know.

you are where i will never be
and our merciful amnesia 
separated us forever.
we need another incarnation
to live what was lost
and gone even before
we discover each other's hand.

this is our incredible love story.

yes i miss what we've never had.
there is a word in my language
for my inexplicable weird longing;
saudade.
love the sibilant and the dental consonants here.
they explode in my mouth
as i bend, covering my face
because i can't stand witnessing
my own pain.

but tomorrow, maybe tomorrow
i might be half civilized
and know how to kneel down
when i pray for us.
can you hear me, god?
can you hear me, my love?


karla bardanza











Copyright©Karla Bardanza 2014 Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment