Tender Days







Like a child, she cried herself to sleep,
discontinued, tired, missing what she has never had
as the night entered her bruised ego
and another day witnessed her almost extinguished fire.

(Che Guevara, Gandhi, Malcolm X, don't let her lose her tenderness)

Resistance: here we stay, here we claim, here we shout.
Tomorrow again and again:
It never ends and they are trying,
they have been trying to wake up dignity.
She won't bow, they won't bow.
(Susana leads me, Marta leads me, Marcelo leads me.
I am walking with my eyes closed)

Come Che and watch the natural course of things.
Gandhi: there is no solution, there is no answer:
the parameters dissolved with the last confront.
Malcolm - we are here. Here where nobody can see us,
nobody can hear us, nobody can understand us.

And as emptiness extends more one day,
she surrenders herself to another prayer
in somebody else's mouth. 


Karla Bardanza




Copyright©Karla Bardanza 2013 Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment