Recuerdo


I recover your details,
caressing the small wonders
beneath our inglorious satisfactions
and contradictions,
thinking less about
our violent peace
when it was impossible
to escape each other.

It is with comfortable certainty
that I am breathing.
I did everything Poetry
taught me when our silence
was a long interval between
the sun and the clouds.

My tight eyelids
just wanted to be discovered
by your fair pretenses.
My hands needed to feel
the vibration of the air.

But some blood types are
irreconcilable and
tomorrow shall be today
as "Adios" plays again
and I dance with my hands
embracing myself
and my loveless truth.

The moon slid between us.

We can search for ourselves
now.

Karla Bardanza

Copyright©Karla Bardanza 2012 Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. "The moon slid between us.

    We can search for ourselves
    now." These are really powerful. WOW!

    ReplyDelete