Still life

Painting by Denise Serra

 
 
 
 
I have seen him barefoot with a stick in his hands,

drawing enigmas on the ground

as the sand listens to his unreachable mind

every single day.

 

He speaks the language of the half-eaten winged angels.

I can’t understand his forgotten words, the imprisoned artist in him.

 

The poet in me wanders whenever he sits in the park,

showing me a new definition of existence as if

I somehow could be different from him

when I protect my dreams from my mouth and imagination.

 

But in the corners of my doubts,

poems die of agony and madness.

 

I know nothing about him

just what the sands allowed me to see

and what I have seen is not enough

to comprehend a human being

under the stillness of the sun.

 

Karla Bardanza

Copyright©Karla Bardanza 2012
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment