Perfumed soul

Painting by Vincent Bakkun






I extracted heavens from my wrists
a long time ago.
The stars were red and my vulnerability had
been sharpened softly.
It was a memorable day when
I found out my blood type and the extremes
of my heart.

Poetry's benevolence helped me to stitch away pain,
sewing my soul on my body.

I survived life.

The space between the end and the beginning is a particle,
an atom of love and gratitude.

Here I stand. Here we all stand.

Let our essence perfume the universe one more time.







Karla Bardanza









Photobucket
Copyright©Karla Bardanza 2012

1 comment:

  1. Poetry is the medium by which we tell our story, we all do. We are a community bound to each other with integrity, honesty and love. Beautiful! And this is an EXALT!!!!!

    ReplyDelete