A LETTER FROM MY SILENCE

                                                                              



The abyss hid from me so prudently and took away all those words I’d rather not read, all the letters are just like the tessitura of an unforgettable song. Now I can neither hear the perpetual melody of the sea nor the evil flowers. Something silences this afternoon while it swallows me and transfigures me but I overflow and quiet I hear my own void without grasping it.



I am deaf! I can’t hear the stars in my soul or this desire that doesn’t know how to wait. Oh cruel silence! A somber ocean breathes inside and makes me sink in poems written in tender madness. I am not in harmony with the beating of my heart: I lost the consonants and the vowels of delight. Nothing reverberates in this space that separates me from light and binds me to darkness.



I write my silence while the scared moon crawls within feeling that what I haven’t said vibrates in this condemned wind as it takes me back to my own womb and buries me between love and tender despair.






Karla Bardanza

No comments:

Post a Comment