TWO MINUTES BEFORE


I have two minutes
and I can't promise
anything as I vomit
behind this locked door.

I have two minutes
before I poison
and stain this white room,
this body again.

I have only these
two singular minutes
and I don't need
to be blessed
or confess my lovely
sins.
(all my lovely sins)

That note on the table
shall speak on my behalf.
I have so many questions.
There is no reward for
conformity.
I am trading all my memories
right now for some peace.

Two minutes are left
and if I could, I would
close the window but
this delicate moment
is mine, all mine.



Karla Bardanza










Copyright©Karla Bardanza 2011

1 comment:

  1. The purging of the poison that others put within our souls... I understand this deeply. Moving my friend... and I can relate. Blessings

    ReplyDelete