AFTER

They that love beyond the world
cannot be separated by it.
Death cannot kill what never dies.
William Penn


After the galaxies exploded,
After a thousand wars,
After the Moon cried
Behind the stars.

After the ball of threads
Fell on the floor
And my needles knitted
This fate I try to ignore.

After being born and died
When time was out of time.
After my cherished pain gave birth
To another half rhyme.

After having bitten a snake,
Savoring my poison and blindness
While the scales were weighing
My torment and sadness.

After what was and will ever be,
After.

Long,
Long after the two of us,
I still breathe,
I still exist.
Long after the two of us,
Words vanish,
Every day in my calendar is
A dangerous excess.

Long after the two of us,
I still love you,
I still need you,
I still want you.
I still believe you are alive
In me.




Karla Bardanza



No comments:

Post a Comment