THE DISTANCE THAT SEPARATES ME FROM MYSELF

After the disaster 

a silence inside,


an immeasurable void


I try to hide.






Stifling walls of solitude


crush my horizons,


limit my perspectives.


Nothing dies or lives,


Nothing disappears or remains.






There is no fear, future hope


or pain.


Just a white resignation


embracing my soul, contemplating


this distance that separates me


from myself.






Long away ahead to feel


my heart beating fast.


My past is alive in that


casket, in every shadow


I cherish.






Eyes darkened by yesterday


neither see eternity nor stars


as light gets lost in this maze


of illusions and torments.






A cloud of laments hammers


upon me, slices my heart in two


every time I remember I don’t


know how to forget you.






Karla Bardanza

No comments:

Post a Comment