Sage


Those Who Dance Are Considered Insane by Those Who Can’t Hear the Music

Friedrich Nietzsche



Painting by Sergio Martinez


i burn sage to quieten my mind,
as the exhausted words scratch
the sweetness of this mellow hiatus
before they call me insane again.



What i was yesterday
sleeps restlessly among the herbs
which were gathered to cure blindness
as this music plays and i dance with Nietzsche.
The smell pierces me,
i bleed poetry:
magic starts with emotion.



The time is meek
and meek is what is to come.
Here only the infinite
“me bigger than i am.”



Stars are multiplied in constellations,
Neptune comes out of the sea,
Orion throws his arrow at me,
hurting me, hunting what i already
miss because it can’t be possessed.



In nothingness,
i see everything
and i - this immense nothing,
this immeasurable immaculate vacuum
is the impermanent sea encircling the world,
is the undisturbed vapor of the sage dancing
in the sky immersed in inexplicable plenitude.



.




Karla Bardanza




Photobucket
Copyright©Karla Bardanza 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment