MOTHER DEMOCRACY

Mother Democracy  



as I lay dying here,


I see our past.


You left me:


I could never understand


why you didn't hold me


in your arms.


Was I different from your


other kids? Was I?


You never cared about


my needs and despair.


You never feed me on


Hope or Justice.


And I...I have always waited


for your loving hands.


I did everything a baby could do


to get some attention:


I shouted, I cried, I clapped,


I needed you.


I needed you.






Mother Democracy


I am not waiting for you


anymore.


My naivety pined away:


I still gag with all those words


I couldn't say.


You left me when I


needed you most.


I fought. How I fought


for what I believed,


for what nobody taught me


because it was tattooed in


my calloused heart


But now I am tired.


Let me die silently.


Let me die soon.














Karla Bardanza

No comments:

Post a Comment