I DIDN'T EVEN GUESS I WAS HAPPY


Today,
My soul ached
while your smile covered me
with an unknowable touch.
A mystery hidden where the wind
waits and the roses burn.
It was an instant of speaking
with the rain.
I didn't even guess I was happy.

Today,
Just for today
I heard your heart
laughing, embracing my words
as my dream remembered me.
I was myself and the moment was
of daffodils and lilies.
I didn't even guess I was happy.

Today
I performed so well.
I was a good actress:
I deceived mysef.
And while we laughed,
my orchids rose and
opened, feeling the kiss
of the sun, the light hug
of time.
I didn't even guess I was happy.

That moment was a metaphor.

When the dream was over,
a brute comfort was
everything I had.

I don't know when I will be
happy again.
I don't know if I will ever be happy
again.


Karla Bardanza

1 comment:

  1. You come to me in distance dreams... speaking softly of love
    of men... showing the way to peace... you drop the lilies in the water... they float on the surface and go where they may, touching all hearts who find them. ~ Blessings.

    ReplyDelete